Homework will be given out on Thursdays and should be completed by the following Thursday. Sometimes, homework will need to be completed online (for example using education city). Other times, pupils will be given a physical copy to take home. For spellings, please see the Class 4 Spelling page. Please check for weekly homework below.
21.9.23 - 28.9.23 - Login to Education City and access the homework section.
In addition to this, login to TT Rockstars and play for 10 minutes.
- At least 10 minutes of daily reading of their school book (this should be recorded in their homework diary).
- Discuss the text your child is reading, questioning their understanding. Advice on how to read effectively with your child can be found here: https://www.pearson.com/content/dam/one-dot-com/one-dot-com/uk/documents/Learner/Primary/Primary%20parents/Pearson_EnjoyReading_03.pdf
- Access Bug Club online, and answer the variety of interactive questions based on the eBook they are reading.
Activities for Spelling
- Practise your child’s weekly spelling list, which can be found on the spelling section of your child’s class page, on the school website.
- Practise the Year 5 and 6 Statutory spelling list, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Use the Spelling Shed app weekly to encourage your child to practise at home through the fun games available.
- Practise your child’s weekly spellings both verbally and in written forms.
Activities for Maths
- Use the Doodlemaths app weekly to encourage your child to practise the key skills in numeracy.
- Use the Doodletables app which is a fantastic online tool that children can use to practise and learn their times tables up to 12 x 12.
- Use Education City and find a game based on a topic your child is unsure of, or have worked on in class that week to build on their understanding.
- In addition to this, under the ‘Maths’ section of the Education City site, there is a ‘Times Tables’ tab which contains songs and games your child can play to improve their times tables knowledge.