Class 3 Email - email@example.com
This term, due to schools closing during the lockdown period, it is vital that children focus on the fundamental learning skills of reading, spelling, number and times-tables recall.
Practising these key skills will help the children to succeed and flourish. If we can focus on these key skills, all other areas of their education will see the benefit. Please see the activities outlined below, which can be used as homework activities this term. An optional enrichment activity can be found weekly, at the bottom of the page if you would like to extend your child’s home learning.
Activities for Reading
- At least 10 minutes of daily reading of their school book (this should be recorded in their homework diary).
- Discuss the text your child is reading, questioning their understanding. Advice on how to read effectively with your child can be found here: https://www.pearson.com/content/dam/one-dot-com/one-dot-com/uk/documents/Learner/Primary/Primary%20parents/Pearson_EnjoyReading_03.pdf
- Access Bug Club online, and answer the variety of interactive questions based on the eBook they are reading.
Activities for Spelling
- Practise your child’s weekly spelling list, which can be found on the spelling section of your child’s class page, on the school website.
- Practise the Year 4 Statutory spelling list, which can be found on page 100 in the school homework diary.
- Use the Spelling Shed app weekly to encourage your child to practise at home through the fun games available.
- Practise your child’s weekly spellings both verbally and in written forms.
Activities for Maths
- Use the Doodlemaths app weekly to encourage your child to practise the key skills in numeracy.
- Use the Doodletables app which is a fantastic online tool that children can use to practise and learn their times tables up to 12 x 12.
- Use Education City and find a game based on a topic your child is unsure of, or have worked on in class that week to build on their understanding.
- In addition to this, under the ‘Maths’ section of the Education City site, there is a ‘Times Tables’ tab which contains songs and games your child can play to improve their times tables knowledge.
- We would like to make you aware that all Year 4 children will have their multiplication skills formally tested in the summer term of Year 4 from 2021. Have a trial yourself on https://www.timestables.co.uk/speed-test/ to experience what the test will be like for your child.
To prepare for this test we use Multiplication Olympics in class. More information can be found on our ‘About Class 3 Page’ with sheets that the children can use at home to practise. These would be great to use for homework!
Optional Enrichment Task for - Half Term Homework
Homework - Learning Menu - The Romans
This half term, we would like the children to focus on the topic of
Here are your home learning activities for our topic. You need to choose at least 1 activity from the boxes below to complete over the half term.
All home learning should be brought into school by Tuesday 20th April to be shared with the class.
(Any items brought into school will be quarantined appropriately).
Class 3 Homework
- Please remember to read for 10 minutes each day
- Practise your spellings on Spelling Shed. This weeks spelling list can be found on the Class 3 Spellings page.